Thread: Moro helmet
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2014, 10:30 PM   #23
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digenis
If the gentlemen commenting on my post took the the time to read what I wrote they would see that I never questioned the authenticity of the item. Nor did I claim any sort of expertise regarding Philippine weapons or armor. However, I stand by my original comment: The helmet is flamboyant and looks very similar to what has been used as a prop. in theatrical productions. That this is an apparently authentic example does not detract from the previous statement of fact.
Disgenis, i have indeed taken the time to read you posts. I then followed up with questions to inquire what you meant by your statements. If you have taken offense that was not my intention, however i don't appreciate your inference that i have not taken the time to read you. I can assure you that as a moderator on these forums i read posts very carefully. But you haven't really written much, have you, so it is not unusual that i might question your meaning.The helmet may look theatrical to you if you have no reference point to historical helmets of the type, either Moro or the European helmets on which they are based. Perhaps someone might recommend some good reading material for you on the subject.
David is offline   Reply With Quote