View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2008, 03:38 AM   #9
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Outstanding info Jeff!!! I did not know of the Venetian treatise, though the Ferrara's are indeed extremely elusive in comparison to the many of other well documented makers. The Scottish end of things of course add to the mystery and drama (I worked on my own geneology for many years, and these folks were indeed Highlanders....and with that came incredibly fascinating tales of my own ancestors). Sir Walter Scott was truly a marketing genius in his romantic stories, and I'm glad you noted Sir Archibald Campbell as the source of the Ferrara escaping to Scotland...I could not find the original source.

Thank you Fernando, the additional info on the anchors is great, and also that on Coelhos name! I love these bits of info !!! Again the depth of Portuguese presence in so much history adds wonderful new dimension.

It is really great to once again bring together all the sword detectives on these interesting mysteries!! The games afoot again gentlemen
What is best about these discussions is that we always seem to add new information to what we already had, and I'm amending my notes accordingly. Thank you so much guys,

All the best,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote