View Single Post
Old 19th December 2011, 02:57 AM   #16
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenangsangII
wesi meteor as pamor material that can be 100 pct proven is in the PB / HB era as Prambanan meteor till today still exist for everyone to see.

in the older era, wesi pamor that was used are from earth, that may have originally come from the sky as 'bapa angkasa' thousands or even millions of yrs ago.
Before we all enter into this discussion of meteoric ore in keris blades i would urge any interested party to search our archives for the many previous discussions we have had on the subject. I would especially point you all to this particular lengthy thread.
http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...eteorite+keris
For many, much of what cannot be proven that one has taken as true in life is a matter of pure faith. For many, believing is enough to make it so and frankly i have no arguments with this. There are in fact many things i firmly believe in that i cannot provide any real evidence for. As Penangsang has pointed out we have hard evidence of the Prambanan meteorite fall sometime in the mid-18th century. We know that ore from this fall was in fact reserved to make a limited number of keris, perhaps as early as the late 18th century. I have yet to see any evidence that can provide proof of the use of meteorite in keris making before this time. So any belief that i might have of the existence of keris with meteoric pamor previous to this i must hold purely on faith. If anyone can show me any reference to writings from before the Prambanan fall that make reference to the use of meteorite as a key component to the creation of the keris i would personally be most grateful. Until then i am not sure that i see any worth is creating yet another thread that covers the same old ground of speculation and faith based on current mythologies.
David is offline   Reply With Quote