View Single Post
Old 5th September 2008, 02:49 PM   #15
katana

[QUOTE=Jim McDougall]
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana
Bravo Jim and Lee ,
I have often argued that European weapons should be represented in an Ethnographic weapons forum. Afterall some ethno weapons have trade blades, a number of weapon designs were heavily influenced by 'invading' (trading ?) colonialists (and vis versa) ...and of course it gives some sort of context to the weapons tribesmen faced when Europeans suddenly 'turned up' on their doorstep.
ENDQUOTE

Very well said David! Those very factors have long been the reason to comingle the weapons of many of the international powers, both civilian and military with those of native weapons in various cultures. While including these in the focus on certain ethnographic weaponry certainly gave perspective, these various civilian and military forms could not receive the proper investigation and discussion in the history they themselves carried.

In addition to the participation of the membership here, I'm really looking forward to that of the countless readers who have interests in these weapons and have lurked these forums for some time. I invite all of them to bring thier weapons and questions to the forum....as always, we learn together!!!

All best regards,
Jim
Hi Jim ,
thank you for your comments, I think a good number would agree with your sentiments. I hope also that 'those that lurk' will become 'those that post'
I am sure there are 'unanswered questions' out there, just needs someone to post them.

Kind Regards David
katana is offline   Reply With Quote