View Single Post
Old 12th June 2012, 05:12 PM   #17
Moshah

I am definitely aware of that, Alan. By downloading those pix, I am aware that one's judgement by only looking at still images is limited. Perhaps it could be accurate as well, but then again the limit is still there.

That was also why I called out for "opinion", by which I really favor the true opinion based from what you see, be it favorable or otherwise.

I could not recall which Mataram, really, but back here when we discussed about Mataram, we would never go as far as "Empu Pauzan's Mataram-styled keris". Javanese kerisology is not something easily, readily available around here, hence the referencing terminologies will go as direct as possible i.e Mataram is for Mataram, Pengging is for Pengging and so on.

As you pointed out, Mataram has to be downscaled into it's specific era, which is very true, but unfortunately I have not be able to recall which.

I am in a point of seeking each others' points and views on the discussed matters, which I believe would give me some foundation in understanding of Javanese kerises. Even though it will only yield me a drop of ink into the ocean, it was a good start nonetheless.
Moshah is offline   Reply With Quote