View Single Post
Old 13th December 2007, 09:17 AM   #17
Tim Simmons

The sword can be drawn when the arm is moved so that the elbow is pointing straight out behind the body.

In forge welding more than two pieces of metal can be joined. Metal can be introduced to the work. In the sword you can see that for the environment and one just has to study the materials of the piece, I would say this was the work of a highly skilled smith an artist no-less.

The dog is called "Patch" he is a "Parson Russell" He works as a PAT dog -Pets As Therapy. They are hard to train, lively with a very strong hunting instinct he is always ready to fight. He is neutered and muzzled when let free, glad I am not a dog. I would not recommend then even if he is sweet and loving to people.

Forgot to mention the pictures are from "Waffen aus Zentral-Afrika" a simply most have book. They come up quite frequently on Belgian ebay so watch out for a copy. Thanks for all the interest, I received the club I mentioned at the start of the thread. I am saving it to post on Christmas day for relaxation when mother inlaw has gone home .

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 13th December 2007 at 09:30 AM.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote