Thread: Luristan Sword
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2005, 09:41 PM   #9
Miyamoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkin
?????

Never been a problem, afaik. There are like 3 types of fakes, all of them primitive, all of them appear in large numbers, and 99.99% of them goes under 250$.
Rivkin,

I was referring to japanese swords. If you type katana in the ebay search engine there will be 10.000 listnigs and only 5-10 of them original shinshinto, shinto or koto... Rather a hard task for a newby to find the correct ones out No comment about their quality... The person who saw an original even once should be able to spot a chinese fake even in the gallery view...

I assume that there is an even bigger probblem with cinese warring states swords, 'cos the sellers are the same and there is less difference between two old pieces of bronze comparing to Nihonto blades, wich they will never be skilfull enough to reproduce...

About luristani and all antique blades: It is a verry hard task even for professionals to distinguish a skillfully made antique bronze sword froma a fake. Antique swords like that are verry verry easy to reproduce. I think that the only answer about the age is testing with... active carbon? if I'm not wrong. Familiar with that? I think that it is verry costly if someone offers such service. How is that matter where you live?

Last edited by Miyamoto; 31st October 2005 at 10:01 PM.
Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote