Thread: bugis keris
View Single Post
Old 16th March 2018, 04:45 PM   #23
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Pagaru
of course, we call it hanging steel, I can not explain it in more detail, our forging system is much more difficult compared to that in Java, you would not believe me if I say that Java people imitate the making of pamor on kerisnya follow us, in our history recorded in our ancient records, that the king majapahit willing to marry his son with king luwu only for pamor and pamor techniques that are owned luwu or sulawesi
I would love to see such claims presented as substantiated facts when possible Andi. I would not be surprised if a Mojopahit king may have seen fit to create a marriage bond in order to obtain a direct line to the raw materials that mines in Luwu could provide. As i stated before, we are mostly all aware here of pamor Luwu and that it was prized in Jawa many years ago. But this is about resources and materials, not forging techniques. The Bugis did not teach that empus of Jawa how to forge. They were merely a source for some of the raw materials that skilled empus in Jawa then turned into fine keris. If you are going to make controversial statements like "our forging system is much more difficult compared to that in Java" or "Java people imitate the making of pamor on kerisnya follow us" you had better have something more than merely empty statements to back that up. Just saying something is so over and over again does not make it so.
David is offline   Reply With Quote