View Single Post
Old 19th March 2005, 07:02 PM   #10
Conogre

Thanks again all, and I think you're probably correct about the sirupati vs hanshee as well, Steve.
The only bad thing about the search engine is that you frequently have to remember the terms to bring up much about it...thus I've started making sure the titles in any posts I make will come up under a basic search **so much for cute or witty!**.
I'll definitely check out that thread as well as several others, and thanks there as well.....I presume the untanged and peened hilt is just local custom or a particular smith (term?) as I understand that they were and still are made at a village level over a wide range.
The little "knife" that's present with mine is VERY hard, Tom, and definitely never intended to be sharpened so is definitely serviceable as a striker and possibly as a honer as well.
Those are some beautiful pieces that you have there....I've got to do a better search in the archives as I remember some excellent and rather extensive photos several years ago, both on kukris and koras.
Mike
Conogre is offline   Reply With Quote