View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017, 03:14 AM   #21
satsujinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Donny, your memory seems a little foggy there. I just read through that thread again and not a single person that commented from this forum thought they were looking at a legitimate keris. The question was only whether it was an altered older keris or a completely new creation that was artificially aged. And everyone pretty much said that the images you offered made that exact judgement difficult. What i believe Alan finally suggested was that the gonjo may have actually been old and that the wilah may have been built up new upon it. As for the poor sucker who paid $1000 for such an obviously suspicious blade, i cannot speak to their mistake.
Donny, i don't have to look at your history for any validation, i have followed your posts very closely since you first arrived here. I am one of the moderators so that's kind of my job. Frankly the large majority of the keris you post here turn out to be highly questionable examples, from your "river finds" to your bronze blade and a variety of unusually dhapurs and pamor patterns that almost invariably turn out to be contemporary even if they are not always presented as such.
Quite honestly, i would much prefer to discuss "boring" old authentic brojol or tilam upih keris on this forum than the fakes your new keris dealer friend seems so adept at "discovering" as he hunts through the remote villages of your land.
are you insinuating that I am up to something, David ?
like it or not, fakes are part of the keris world, and since fakes are getting better and better, isn't it better if someone posting a nice example of fakes, of which even Indonesians thought to be genuine ?

I always put "I may be wrong" first. Like the Singo Sineba, I purely thought it was original at first. It fooled me straightforward. Can't I put it here and asked for opinion from people more knowledgeable than me ?

You see that "poor sucker" did pay much for it, and I am glad I am not buying it, since it does looked very nice at first. And up to now, both the seller and the buyer are sure that what they got is old ones, despite what I said

what I posted is what I thought to be intriguing, interesting, I myself may tend to think it was fake, artificially aged, but I am not yet reaching your level of knowledge, so I wanted a good opinion rather than my hunch that it was a fake

but since doing so makes anyone, even moderator thought that I may have some kind of different motives, well I think this is the right time to say farewell

not leaving this forum, but I will stop posting

thanks for all the knowledge I gained here

Donny
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote