View Single Post
Old 30th October 2019, 12:15 PM   #8
RAMBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
If you go to the official eBay community forums you will find endless GSP horror stories and complaints along these lines of inappropriate but reimbursed seizure, about shoddy repacking leading to breakage and especially about the high cost and sometimes being charged unnecessary customs duty.

When I was selling Lew's collection I did my own shipping with the USPS (post office) as it was both the best and cheapest service available to me, but I had one buyer insist I cancel and relist with GSP - after warning him, I did and the antique African short sword actually went from the USA to Italy without reported incident.
Yes I have read many stories now. Lots of stuff gets tagged as restricted. Some of it obviously is and is legitimate (above was a "knife" all day long) but some of it is not if the parcel was actually looked at.

It will all be about automation and reducing costs so most flagged items probably do not even get looked at in any detail to confirm the validity of the restricted key word algorithms. Apparently the listing title is the customs deceleration within the GSP system.

Avoid GSP at all costs as seller or buyer. The T & Cs are wide ranging blanket ones. Nothing discussed on these pages should be sent via the GSP - they are not permitted period. Very long prohibited/ineligible items list. And the collateral damage? Shrug of shoulders as seller keeps their money and buyer gets refund.

My fault partly as I had not ever noted GSP until too late. I thought Royal Mail as stated by seller in description and reconfirmed in message - misunderstanding - domestic to GSP. There is no recourse. Nil. Pity I was looking forward to this old one.

Last edited by RAMBA; 30th October 2019 at 01:51 PM.
RAMBA is offline   Reply With Quote