View Single Post
Old 21st January 2018, 02:57 PM   #1
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Default Some 'aggressive' tool for ID

I have this compulsive habit in that, when visiting local flea markets (and not only) i find nothing that fits my hobby, i open an exception for alliens to fit in. I don't even know where i am going to store this one.
I bet some of you guys have already seen this or similar things out there, while for me this is the first time i saw one.
Certainly not a scythe; its working approach is completey different. It has no angle or length to function at ground level and its design calls for a different movement; instead of swinging it suggests a push & pull (saw) action, to operate at a standing up level.
Wuih 100 cms total length, a thickness of over 6 mm. and a 1600 grams weight, it has a flat cross section, with a sharp edge along its teeth and a back edge in its last 20 mm, forming a sword like point. So it doesn't only 'saw', but also 'perforates'.
It should have some age, with worm holes in both handles; i would die in despair if otherwise
The seller said he brings all his stuff from Switzerland, but it doesn't mean this device is Swiss ... most certainly not; its paraphernalia included a Columbia horse saddle.
Anyone care to enlighten me on this one ... please ?

Attached Images

fernando is offline   Reply With Quote