View Single Post
Old 11th September 2020, 12:29 AM   #15
Mickey the Finn

Quote:
I am still making the warangka (dress). Once it is ready, I will display it here. wink. :P
I feel compelled to say that I am truly, very seriously impressed. A few years ago, probably resulting from overconfidence due to never having attempted it previously, I began amassing tools and materials with which to start making my own handles and warangka for goloks, knives, and machetes, as well as mendak for keris. I have yet to complete a single functional one of anything.
I'm making a number of a priori assumptions. Your name is Anthony, and based on nothing else, I assume that you are not "native" to Indonesia, and that yadda yadda… I really should know better, because there's this one other English-speaking White Man, whom if I hadn't read about in a number of places before I found this forum...
Really, really nice work, Mr. Anthony... Or maybe that wink was intended to convey some unspoken meaning... In any case, the dress is still admirable in it's workmanship.
Mickey

Last edited by Mickey the Finn; 11th September 2020 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Specificity.
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote