View Single Post
Old 30th October 2019, 08:40 PM   #13
RAMBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Often, when I was listing, the eBay system 'saw' a keyword of 'concern' and did not offer GSP. Good for them. But, PB and eBay need to get together and harmonize their systems so that GSP is never offered on an item that PB will reject.

Often, the eBay keyword recognition would give me warnings about listing Native American artifacts when I was listing south Asian Indian items. I also learned to never use the word 'Sudan' as eBay attempted a total ban, while the actual legal export restrictions were very narrowly targeted and clearly inapplicable to my item (unless I was shipping it to one of about a dozen officials in Sudan.) The eBay community forums also document the shortcomings of eBay's reliance on 'ai' automation in many other ways.
The seller had never "sold anything like this". They had inherited old weapons from a distant relative - the rest are relic items of no real interest or value. Called in listing title "British WW1 Gurkha Kukri knife / sword with scabbard" as this was their best guess and listed under WW1 "field equipment" and category "swords" but was still offered GSP. Their description "British Gurkha Kukri knife with scabbard. British WW1 Very collectable. Condition is Used. Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd Class.". I think the AI is pretty smart these days so this should have been blocked from GSP. Anyway what is done is done.

I also suspect that seller did not know this item was available internationally through GSP. But eBay and PB said it is on our list, a "knife", and is restricted - no recall. No discussion.

Last edited by RAMBA; 30th October 2019 at 09:29 PM.
RAMBA is offline   Reply With Quote