View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 05:37 PM   #3
wolviex

Exclamation Bibliography

I decided to dig in some of the magazines on my bookshelf and I found some interesting articles that should be important for you. Of course there are also some basic books, which I hope you know very well like "Hieb- und Stich Waffen" by Miller or, of the same title, by E. Wagner; Herbert Seitz, Blankwaffen, Bibliothek für Kunst- und Antiquitätenfreunde, Band IV, 1965, etc.
Of course I bring only those which seems to be most interesting. Closer look to this magazines and more researches will bring you more for sure:

Zeitschrift der Gesellschaft für historische Waffen- und Kostümkunde

- 1926, Band 2, heft 2, s. 39-40: E. A. Gessler, Ein Schwert mit Invocationsinschrift aus dem Anfgang des 13. Jahrhunderts (inscriptions NNOMINEDOMI, INIOMIINDII, and other)

- 1926, Band 2, heft 9, s.220-221: Ein Inschriftenschwert des 13. Jahrhunderts aus den Stedinger Kämpfen(the meaning of inscription: +NEDRC NEDRU SDRC NEDRU I+)

- 1935/1936 s. 145-148: Holger Arman, Zwei Ingelri-Schwerter Aus Schweden (+INGELRIIMEFECIT+)

- 1966, Heft2, s. 111-125: A. Anteins, Im Ostbaltikum gefunde Schwerter mit damaszierten Klingen(inscriptions on early medieval swords: VLFBERHT, +EEEBRHT+, SINIXIXINIS, +X+, GICELNI ME FECIT, INNOMINEDOMINO+, O+O, +O+, +|||||||||||||O||||||||||||+, +LEU RIT, +NINI ININ+, +ED:NINI NI+, +DCSCRVOM EIAUSO, + S +, +NIISOSF ISOSF, AOBR+, +NIC’’DIOAGSDICNIEROHDI, NNNNN, and other)

- 1970, heft2, s. 89-126, Ulrich Kühm, Das Richtsxhwert in Bayern (catalogue with many many inscriptions on knights’ and executioners’ swords with description, most of them are German and very long and complex like: ALLES WAS DV DVEST…., DIE OBRIGKEIT STUERET UNHEIL…, DOMINVS BENEDICTICAT ME ET IVFAT…, FIRCH GOT VND LIEB…., IVNCKHFRAV LIEB VND LERCHENGESANG…, and many others. There you can find also meaning of symbols like: wheel, skull, Justitia, Crucifix, Mary and the Child etc...)

- 1977, Heft2, s. 117-128: Marian Glosek, Leszek Kajzer, Zu den mittelalterlichen Schwerten der Benedictus-Gruppe (inscriptions like: BENEDICTUS DEUS MEUS, IFDNSDSN, SGS…SQUIDO, +SESBENEDIG+ AS, +INOMEDOMINI+, BENEDICTUS DOMINUS, SCSTPETRVNS, +BENEDICATINIUSDICI RA ICNIUIOMUENIE+, +NIUSUSDICNIUSDIC RADIXNIEITRAION NE, …)

[B]Gladius[/B]
- 1963, tome II, s. 5-66: Ada Bruhn Hoffmeyer, From Medieval Sword to Renaissance Rapier (overall view with mention of some inscriptions and St. Maurice sword as well)

- 1968, tomo VII: Anatolij Kirpicnikow, Die Russischen Waffen des 9.-13. Jahrhundertw und Orientalische und Westeuropäische einflüsse auf ihre Entwicklung (ULFGERHT inscriptions of many kinds and other like GEROLT, ULEN, INGELRII)

Uff...

Regards
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote