View Single Post
Old 11th September 2013, 06:03 PM   #18
Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunggulametung
Hello,
There are many possibilities but based upon what I can see I'm in the opinion that your keris has been repaired/altered--or even made to look unusual from day one, I'll call it dapur kreasi baru/owah-owahan or the like --contemporary/non standard dapur (might be once sepang-urubung damar combo which is okay, anything in that direction), tangguh kamardikan--modern/vintage, pamor wos wutah, origin Java-Madura somewhere, I don't have any opinion on tuah/isi. I could be wrong. Nice material but rather lacking on garap I would say, sorry. I wish better condition keris coming your way soon
Hello Chandra,
Thank you for your interesting opinion and personally I would not discard it too quickly as I also see some signs that this may be a recent or altered piece. I know your experience and as you live in Jakarta you are more familiar with the tricks of the trade than most of us. Personally I find this question of distinguishing between a genuine old blade from a recent and altered one as very difficult and primordial for a collector and any input on tis subject is welcome. So please elaborate more about the observations and findings which make you believe that this is not an old blade, we are listening!
Best regards
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote