View Single Post
Old 9th December 2009, 08:40 PM   #28
Atlantia

Fearn,

"Congratulations to you both, especially to Louise. I hope everyone's home and healthy soon.

Just think, now you've got someone to inherit the collection"

Thanks Fearn they are home now, and I'm extremely glad.
Inherit? I might want to be buried with it!

Mauro,
"best wishes for this big big events. I am new with this forum but I like to share this moment !"

Thank you mauro, I greatly appreciate your kind words.

Ericlaude,

Thank you Eric, my dynasty continues!

Mark,

Thanks Mark, it's a huge relief that they are both back and doing well.

Migueldiaz,

Thanks Miguel, lets hope he lives up to his name!

Freebooter,

Thanks Gav, Rose and 'Alex'? How old is your 'Alex' mate?

Marc,
"Congratulations for the new light shining on your lives

Time to start thinking on getting closed (as per with actual locks) display cabinets for the collection..."

Thanks Marc, he really is
I'm already thinking about high shelves and racks

Maurice,

"Congratulations with your best acquisition this year, and maybe in future too.
I have two kids, a son and a daughter. I thought my boy (who is 10 now) would follow me up with the collecting of edged weapons.
But my daughter (who is 5) shows a lot more interest, and likes to sit besides me when I am watching the forum, and wants to be on the pictures with my swords....So maybe she will be my successor?
Anyway, have a wonderful time with your new family member."

Wise words, and thank you. He's 'the ultimate weapon'.
Its an interesting idea, I think I'd just assumed that he'd iherit my interests, but I guess perhaps not.....

It was my love of history and interest in the 'evolution' of our culture (along with a boys love of 'swashbuckling') led me to understand the pivotal role that 'the sword' has played in forming our 'world'.
There really is no more emotive a symbol than the sword, representing as it does, honour to some, oppression to others, and the possibility of death to any.
For me it symbolises our mortality, the struggle of our existence and a reminder that the one decision that is truly ours is whether we are good or evil.

I hope Alex shares my interest in weapons, but if he doesn't... then perhaps he'll like my collection of Asian metalwork instead!
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote