View Single Post
Old 29th April 2014, 08:34 AM   #24
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
Outstanding grouping there Ricky!!!! Thank you for posting it,
Ibrahiim, as always fantastic historic data which adds great perspective here .
Naturally there are those who will express concerns about the depth of the material added, and extensive text.....but I would remind everyone this material is simply context for readers who are researching subject matter.
This comprehensive data is there for those who chose to read it or use it....it is not required reading nor will there be a quiz!!!

I for one, very much appreciate the intriguing and helpful contributions you take the time to assemble and enter on these topics . Thank you.

KraVseR, as Norman well explained, these images comprise various subjects and individuals which indeed provide context with which to view the general topics here. While Zaporozhian Cossacks have become a focal point in much of the discussion the objective has been showing the usefulness of many artworks in learning more on weapons we study.
Its great to have your input however, as you are from these regions we find so intriguing and these fascinating Cossack groups.

Salaams Jim, I think a quiz would be a great idea !!!

I have certainly learned a lot myself about The Cossacks from bulling up on the considerable material available simply by pressing a few buttons on the web. Of course our own resource is very good and similarly that takes only a few seconds to display a vast quantity of excellent detail. What this means is that anyone can march into one of these debates and discussions fairly well tuned up on the basic facts...often without the luxury of books and documents to hand. (Jelous though I am that you drive in the worlds biggest .. veritable Ethno Library ..and it must be great to flick open the relevant pages at will...when you get a chance to stop.) You lead by example and it must inspire everyone; as I know it does me.

With that in mind I believe it is incumbent upon all of us to respond with the common courtesy to look up a few relevant details rather than just plunk down "the dreaded one liner"...( hopelessly inadequate ) ... onto these pages.

I always ask myself...Is library served in my reply or addition to Forum ? To that end Forum is advanced, educated and informed whilst those beginners get the news in depth and concentrated.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote