View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:57 PM   #40
Jens Nordlunde

Hi Miguel,

You are welcome. When it comes to the size of the daggers/swords, it is hard to say how long they were, and the men looks like dwarfs, but maybe that was the artistic style of the time.

The way I remember the text I once read, it went like this. 'About the 12th century the people of southeast India was beaten in a big battle, and as a consequence they moved to the north, and some to the Himmalaya area.'
The problem is, that I read this long ago, and I am not sure in which book I read it, but should I find the book and the sentence I will try to remember to let you know.

Yes the history of India is fascinating, but complicated, like you say. But you must not forget that India is a huge country, and not only that, it is a very huge country. To this comes that it was very rich, so other people found it most interesting to pay them a visit.

In an article I have read about some of the different forts in India from the 16th and 17th century, the author gives the awarage hight if the soldiers to about 170 cm. I am, however, not sure that the same measure can be used here.

Jens
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote