Old 7th August 2009, 09:49 PM   #27
migueldiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
Nice pictures Miguel
Thanks Jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Yes Miguel, good pictures for a $100 camera and indeed the macro function seems to work quite well. I don't think it is a problem with your images because the weave of you matt is pretty tight, but it reminded me to suggest that when choosing a background, try to find one that is solid in color with a fairly nuetral texture so that it doesn't distract from the object you are photographing.
Thanks David

And not to be outdone by Rick's fantastic macro shot, my cheap camera photographs a coin at less than 1 inch from the lens (see uncropped shot below).

[BTW Rick, that's truly a great shot. I didn't know that Fuji's digicams are also outstanding in the sensor department. Thanks.]

Yes, come to think of it, that mat does compete with the subject.

On a related matter, if I were to digitally remove later on that solid background via Photoshop or whatever, what solid background color would you think would be preferable to begin with (e.g., black, or white, or blue, or another color)? Or perhaps it won't matter as Photoshop will digitally remove any color for so long as it's a solid color?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote