View Single Post
Old 7th March 2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Gavin Nugent

Hi Alan,

I had two cabinets open for quite a while at the end of 2010.
I may not have been seen or it may have been that as I had my partner, children and a Balinese friend with me that no one came rushing in or I just looked plain honest and friendly with only an enquiring mind and a camera working overtime.
A lot were sealed tight with no access though, others I thought it would be too bold to do so further as I did want to see the whole museum without ticking of officials.

It seems we had the same approach with photography too. I climbed one of those steep stair cases and took a few ariel shots...nice and cool in the breeze too.

I agree you covered the limited amount of weapons very well.
One however that sticks in my mind was in the theatre abode, the theatric shield with the long central spike, I kind of wondered if there was historical aspects of real use based around its manufacture?

It is a shame there is nothing noted of the 'Lurus' keris it is a stunner and although I didn't get close enough, it appeared one aspect was hollowed/pierced. great form, great size, great desire to handle one.
The other above had 15luks from memory, something else I have never seen before on a Bali Keris.

You are a lucky man to own 2 'cinquadea' style Keris, they are indeed gorgeous.

Gav

Last edited by freebooter; 7th March 2011 at 04:30 AM.
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote