View Single Post
Old 13th August 2014, 05:42 PM   #9
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusaka
I did not mean that in order to make a keris alive you need to stick your fingers into molten metal but the method of making a keris come alive involves pinching the keris blade between thumb and index finger a particular number of times along the length of the blade whilst reciting mantra.
Pusaka, in order to leave an imprint in the blade with your fingers the iron of the blade would indeed need to be very, very hot and still soft (i concede that "molten" may have been the wrong word). It is, of course, possible that this same process is done to imbue spirit in cooled non-picit blades, but there would be no imprint from the process there as evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusaka
This is done over a period of a specific number of days after which the kris is said to be alive. I cant be more specific than that as am not allowed, but you will understand the significance of the number of indents.
Forgive me, i was not aware that perhaps one of the greatest secrets of the ancient keris making world had been shared with you. I, for one, would certainly not suggest that you ever break such a sacred vow.
David is offline   Reply With Quote