View Single Post
Old 29th January 2018, 07:35 AM   #47
A. G. Maisey

Thank you so much for your additional input Kubur.

I do seem to sense a slight touch of aggression in your most recent post, something I find difficult to understand. If you feel that I have slighted you in some way, I most sincerely apologise for whatever I may have written that has caused this offense.

I asked a couple of questions, I got adequate answers, both from you and from Detlef.

I felt that I understood how you both decided that the post #6 knife was better than all the others, and you have confirmed my original impression.

It is as I have kept on saying:-

I was interested in the way that two experienced collectors thought; how they decided that one thing was better than another, I was never interested in the knives shown, only in the thought patterns.

Thank you so much for providing me with a more inclusive understanding of the way in which you think. I appreciate your input greatly.

I never at any time had any intention of initiating a discussion on how knives or anything else are appraised or should be appraised, and if you care to review my posts you will find that I have already said this, probably more than once.

As for your rather strange ideas that there is a debate going on here, I'm afraid I cannot detect any debate, and I for one am most certainly not debating, I'm not even discussing, all I've been doing is asking questions, with the objective of understanding how people whom I identify as "pure collectors" think.

You see, it is important to me to understand these thought patterns. Even though I have been dealing for about 50 years, and dealing internationally since 1978, I am still sometimes surprised, by the way in which some collectors think. I took what I saw as a golden opportunity to further my understanding by asking you and Detlef a couple of simple, straight-forward questions.

There is no judgement going on here. None at all. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, and I respect yours.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote