View Single Post
Old 8th December 2005, 03:11 AM   #3
RSWORD

Steve,

I have also had the same thing happen to me recently but with a slightly different twist. It stated they were glad they won my auction and would be sending payment soon and they had a link attached to the e-mail. I knew I wasn't expecting any money so rather than use the link(thank goodness) I wrote down the Ebay # and user ID and when I checked those against Ebay they were from an User ID that had a bunch of negative feedback and was no longer a registered user.

While on the topic, I will share another one. I had a few items up for auction recently and I had someone contact me via the Ebay member contact and they stated they were very interested in my auction. They stated they would like to have someone handle the shipping and they would like my address to arrange for pick up. I let them know that if they won I would make arrangements for shipping. When they followed up again that they needed my address I got a bit suspicious. I let them know that if they won the auction, I would make arrangements to meet someone but I would not give out my address. The Ebay ID had no feedback at all and I did receive a e-mail from Ebay warning that some people use the member contact through Ebay to get e-mail addresses and if anyone is willing to share, more than that. Got to be careful these days.
RSWORD is offline   Reply With Quote