View Single Post
Old 9th September 2013, 01:11 PM   #99
Iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Of course I have not persued the Omani Dancing Sword in European collections why on eaqrth would I do a thing like that... I'm in Oman researching it. The dancing sword isnt holding some hidden European clue... Its an Omani invention... if it was Belgian or French believe me I would be the first to say so...but its clearly not as a brought on design encompassing some factors of the Old Omani Battle Sword and the whims of whoever finally decided its finished form... I don't think a European sword has been near the design of this sword. It's completely different. Why are you hung up on a European design... Its Omani...

This is not the first time you have spoken about European blade marks on these swords... Ive seen hundreds and hundreds of these swords...no European blade marks ...rough copies yes... mainly stamped are Islamic Persian and British Raj India marks and a few rough wolf marks clearly locally done... wheres the link in that...?

Might you be trying to resurect that European blades as having been imported for Omani Dancing Sword Blades?...

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Well I figured you'd be interested in pieces with provenance... I've asked about it multiple times now in this thread, not one answer. I guess that says all that needs to be said.

I'll have one last shot at this before I give up on this thread completely.

Why would European style wolf marks be copied in Oman onto a dance sword if the design and legacy owe nothing to European blades?