Thread: Moro helmet
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2014, 12:20 PM   #5
A Senefelder

From the pics this looks like a wonderfull example of the classic moro style helmet emulating European burgeonets. The inside pic is a touch fuzzy but from what I can see constructionally it is correct.

Quote:
I've been looking at the earflaps-- are they on backward? They don't seem to fit the apertures quite right.
I believe they are on correctly. They have the same front/brim side set higher than the back/tail side seen in the European burgeonets which these sought to emulate http://www.myarmoury.com/albums/disp...278&fullsize=1 If you look at the 5th and 6th pictures in the auction you can see the curvature to the shape of the face that has been introduced into the cheek plates, if they were to be reversed the curved side for the contour of the back of the skull would be poking in twords the eyes which would be potentially dangerous. This is my personal opinion only based on the pictures available, looking forward to some one with more background on these Moro armour pieces to share their thoughts on it.
A Senefelder is offline   Reply With Quote