View Single Post
Old 27th October 2014, 06:13 PM   #10
Ahad K.

Default It is the work of Asadullah of Isfahan, Iran.

1. Yes I believe that this sword didn`t belong to Hazrat Ali (RA), you are right.
2. but Can you tell us that "What is authentic Assadullah inscription"? I think you only value gold inlaid inscriptions. I hope, if you remove the gold from inlaid inscription, they will look alike (crude etc).
3. I am 99 percent sure that The maker of this sword is Asadullah of Isfahan, Iran, no doubt, the remaining 1 percent remains for Lab certificate.
4. There are lots of Forensic labs which can accurately find out its age and its inscription instead of your comment "its crude so likely made later on the blade"
And why Mr. Asadullah of isfahan, Iran made its inscription crude on this sword, to get this answer i need a time machine to go back to the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Salam Ahad,

This says "Amal Assadullah Asfahani" or work of Assadullah of Asfahan. This sword is 17th to 19th century most likely so no, it did not belong to Imam Ali (RA)

The name Assadullah is used to this day especially in Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

You have a nice sword, but you are aiming too far in the past with its attribution. I would also point that the inscription is not an authentic Assadullah inscription, its crude so likely made later on the blade. Its still a very good sword.
Ahad K. is offline   Reply With Quote