View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 07:50 PM   #11
SchildaBrit

Default A "new" screw discovered

Forum members will please forgive me for warming up a very old thread. But first of all, my thanks to Pukka Bundook for directing me to thisforum, and many thanks (alas, posthumously!) to Michael "matchlock" for his contributions, the like of which I have found nowhere else.

I have long been frustrated by the standard works on old firearms, which tend to give great space to stylistic elements of decoration, and very little information on technical development. Hayward, Hoff, Lenk and Luegs - I have them all. And the examples presented in these books are items that one is unlikely ever to get one's paws on, much less be permitted to dismantle!

In short, they are not much use to anyone who wants to know how these ancient pieces were constructed, as opposed to decorated, and of zero use to anyone, such as my self, who is interested in actually shooting old firearms.

As my first small contribution to the somewhat sparse knowledge of the internal technology of old firearms I would therefore like to present a screw. Not a glorious example of classical decoration that is utterly irrelevant for the functioning of a gun, but a vital piece to hold it together!

Here is it (if I can manage to post fotos):

OK stop here for the moment. I now have to learn how to post fotos. Will be back soon - I hope!
SchildaBrit is offline   Reply With Quote