View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:13 PM   #26
Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianajones
Too bad this interesting thread ends with discussing just blade-ends." It clearly doesnt bring us anywhere. Or let me ask the question than; Where does that lead us??
I'm not searching my images to get a similar blade tip for your sake, so I don't care if you're disappointed and feel like it is "too bad this interesting thread ends with discussing just blade-ends.
I'm doing my efforts for Roy and other collectors who appreciate my efforts.
Also I think my (borrowed) image has more similarities with Roy's piece as all of your posted pieces. But anyway, let's keep to the topic!

Quote:
(the first mandau I showed with the somewhat simple scabbard (of softer wood) does look almost the same as Roy's , but ofcourse I seem to be mistaken???)
Are you referring to the "blade tip"? Otherwise I don't see the similarity...

Quote:
Also Roy brought up a quite interesting question I have overlooked myself (as first attributing this piece to a specific region as seems logical) about the square hole. This hole is indeed 'very square' and seems to be created that way for a specific reason. Normally these holes are for insertion for (human) hair, but clearly a hole doesnt need to be so pronouncedly square to have hair inserted!
As Michael allready stated earlier, this is not uncommon, and I've seen these square holes with and without hair.

Quote:
But nevermind this (highly interesting) question and lets talk about something else (unimportant!).
Maybe we find other things more important as you do. Sorry for our shortcoming....

Maurice
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote