View Single Post
Old 5th November 2015, 07:32 PM   #22
Miguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
Try to have a look at post 12.
I write that the people moved to the north.
I am sorry that I can not help you any more, but I read it very long time ago, so I dont yet remember where I read it, and I have no notes about it.
My guess would be, that you should make a search of a whole population moving from Deccan to the north, after a big battle in the 10th to the 13th century.
I may be wrong, but this is as I remember it, and it was many years ago I read it.
Jens
Hi Jens,
Thanks for the pointer, as you know India was pretty much in turmoil during the period you quote what with the Muslim invasion, Sultan Mahmud of Ghazni, the Tamil king Chola invasion and last but not least the Mongol invasion which must of caused mass emigration of people escaping death, slavery and religious persecution but where they bended up settling at this time I have not yet discovered, thank you for inspiring me to carry out this research it is proving most interesting but I do have a problem with identifying the locations from the old names. Some years ago I purchased a book entitled, "The Oxford History of India," from my local library book sale for 50p the best 50p I have spent as this book is proving most helpful in this research.
Kind regards. Miguel
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote