View Single Post
Old 14th September 2010, 12:41 PM   #10
celtan

Estimado Nando,

It's very nice to correspond with you again. Thank you for the data on the mamelukes.

The reasons I use the links instead of the attachments are these.

1. I already have the pictures downloaded to a personal photo depot. OTOH, I would need to take new pictures, process them, resize them according to this forum limitations, then post. I don't have that much time!
That would severely hamper my desire to post and contribute to the forum.

2. Occasionally, some of my items will change hands. When that's the case, I remove the images from my server. I feel it is improper to be using somebody elses weapon's pictures, perhaps even illegal!

3. "Todo pasa, todo queda": Nothing's forever. Any of our readers interested in the subject can download the pics themselves, for their own use today. Tomorrow? Lo que sera, sera.

Warmest regards

Manolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
The Mamelukes were perhaps the most fearsome warrior caste the French had ever yet encountered (Ronald Pawly).

Quoting the same author, they had highly valuable arms, which certainly they brought with them to France. However the decree embodying the Mameluke corps stated that, the French government had to provide them weapons; this meant a real arsenal issued to every man, made at Manufacture de Versailles, under Mameluke patterns: An axe, a mace, a blunderbuss, a carbine, four holstered pistols, a dagger and a scimitar ... the axe, mace and blunderbuss being more for cerimony and parade purposes

Oh, SuperMan(uel), my amigo.
It would be such a great contribution for the forum happyness if, instead of posting links to your photo store, you would upload picture attachments to the resident server.

Piensa neso

celtan is offline   Reply With Quote