View Single Post
Old 18th October 2007, 05:00 PM   #19
Jens Nordlunde

Maybe not all have Stone on their bookshelf, so no doubt, have one around there neck – but that is quite another thing.

So here is what he writes about throwing a Chakram. “Egerton says, p. 128, that it is whirled around the finger and thrown with great accuracy and force as much as sixty paces. A friend of mine who saw them thrown at the military games at Rawal Pindi gives quite a different description of how it is done. He says that the thrower stands squarely facing his objective, takes the chakram between the thumb and first finger of the right hand, holding it low down on his left side. He then turns his body as to bring the right shoulder as far forward as possible and throws underhand with a full swing of his body. He also says that it is thrown with sufficient force and accuracy to cut off a green bamboo three-quarters of an inch in diameter at a distance of thirty yards”

Ludevico di Varthema writes that they “throw these with a sling when they want to injure any person”.

I don’t know if one method was more used than the other, but there seems to have different ways to throw it.

I have just seen that Rawal Pindi is in north west of Punjab.
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote