View Single Post
Old 8th January 2010, 07:44 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePepperSkull
I had recieved a new Kris the other day and foolishly I had placed the warangka at the edge of a table. Being that the scabbard mouth area (Gambar/Sampir, which do we prefer on these forums? I'm very new at Keris as well as terms for parts) is made of Buffalo horn, it is much heavier than the bottom part of the warangka (Gandar/Batang area). And as such it fell, Gambar/Sampir first onto the ground.

It separated and broke a little bit, separating the Gambar/Sampir from the Gandar/Batang. It is a relatively clean break, however, and when I place the two separate pieces together there is no wiggle or play because they still fit together very well.

My question to you guys is: how should I go about fixing this? Would it be fine just to epoxy the gambar/sampir to the gandar/batang? Perhaps a wood glue would suffice? Hopefully I can salvage the sheath from this stupid, stupid lapse in judgement.
Don't feel too bad Pepper, we all make the same stupid bad move sooner or later. Are you talking about a break on the wood or the horn. Wood glue would work fine on wood, of course, but i am not sure it is the best thing for horn.
BTW, the names of these parts isn't the province of this forum as much as it is the area from which the sheath originates.
David is offline   Reply With Quote