View Single Post
Old 15th April 2013, 09:09 PM   #5
donnydogs

Thanks Rick for your conformation of the I.D. of the gun and the added information about the lock. I really liked your pictures.
As for your ideas about the stock: everything you said makes sense and is likely to be true. Especially when the average LOP for these guns is 11 to 12 inches. The LOP on a current youth rifle is 12 to 13 inches. So these people really had to be as short as you said.

But I still have the slightest amount of doubt that the stock is against the shoulder when shooting. Here are some other ideas for discussion. 1. If the butt of the stock was to be put against the shoulder wouldn’t the butt and the corners be somewhat rounded? My gun actually has some what sharp metal on the corners. 2. The spacer could be there to provide wood grain at 90 degrees to the stock grain for strength. Without the spacer the flared design of the corners would be prone to split off easily along the direction of the grain. 3. If the stock is not put against the shoulder why is it there? Its function may be simply to provide a flat surface to set the gun while it is loaded from the muzzle.
Pistols are shot only using hands maybe a light recoiling rifle could be also.
donnydogs is offline   Reply With Quote