View Single Post
Old 24th February 2016, 03:13 PM   #47
mariusgmioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahratt
Dear Ariel. I've done better - show the authentic record Anosov 1841, where he writes that received a wootz "Kara-Khorasan" and wootz "Taban". And you (unlike the majority of the forum) can not only read my bad translation, and real publication.

I thought, for researcher it enough

I have shown in another topic a few Shashka of Bukhara with three rivets. And I think that this is enough. Now you insist that I show Bukhara shashkas with large rivets. Perhaps you began to doubt that the shashkas, which you have shown (with small rivets) from Bukhara?
Do not worry. This is a good shashkas. I even a little jealous of you
I do not understand your point. Neither do I understand the point of inserting a photo with the grips of three different blades.

As with regards to the terms Kara Khorasan and Kara Taban, there is not a single clear description that would allow their unambiguous identification and differentiation. It is most likely they are refering to the same type of wootz steel, dark, with high contrast and large strips of of watering patterns. More exactly Kara Taban means "black base" and "Kara Khorasan" means "black Khorasan" where the first tries to describe the steel in terms of its aspect, and the second attempts to describe in terms of aspect and origin (black from Khorasan).
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote