Thread: Elephant Sword
View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2008, 07:38 PM   #15
katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourseEight
A horrific situation to be sure, but as for the feedback, starting May, 2008 sellers will no longer be able to leave negative feedback. At that point, buyers from sellers such as this one can leave negative feedback without fear of reprisal.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html

Of course, there are a lot of reasons a seller could legitimately leave negative feedback, but this change does fix the 'blackmail' problem...

Sadly, it won't help in this situation though, but there's always Karma...

--Radleigh

Hi Radleigh,
interesting......but I have reservations....one sided feedback could cause problems for sellers. Buyers could threaten to leave negative to get a reduction in the price, etc ....so legit sellers could be open to abuse. Theoretically, a bidder could overbid to win the auction....then for a non legitimate reason could demand a partial refund, or threaten to leave negative feedback.
I think eBay should find a fairer independant service to assess claims of this nature. Also, I have noticed some 'power sellers' seem to operate fraudently (misrepresentation etc) and yet, even though there are continual complaints from buyers eBay seem reluctant to remove the 'power' status eBay seem keen to leave the onus and responsibility of transactions to the buyer and seller ...saving them any legal or moral obligation. I feel with more and more eBay horror stories that, eBay should take more responsibillity......afterall it is in their interests as more and more eBayers are losing faith in the present 'set-up'.

What is also interesting is this on the listing.....

"Authenticity Guaranteed: Senatus Consulto fully guarantees all artifacts and coins to be genuine in every aspect. Any detail regarding an antiquity that is not known to us, will be noted as such. All artifacts and collectibles are accompanied by an invoice which also function as a Lifetime Certificate of Authenticity. Any item significantly deviating from the information provided by us regarding culture and dating, may be returned for a promp refund excluding shipping and handling."

.........perhaps it would be better just to send it back and swallow the postage charges ...however, how do you define 'significantly deviating ' ...personally I think it is ....authentic 'stated'... but I feel, overwhelmingly agreed (on this forum) to be 'not authentic'........ Two complete opposites....I think that 'significantly deviating'....don't you ?

Last edited by katana; 23rd February 2008 at 07:50 PM.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote