Thread: Elephant Sword
View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:09 PM   #7
katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marsh
I also feel that in this case, since it is an obvious wall hanger and was misrepresented, or at least silent to the blade thickness, that the seller should also refund shipping both ways.
Hi Bill,
surely this was misrepresented in more ways......stating that bone was ivory ...is the main one IMHO ....any piece that has a substantial hilt composing of Elephant Ivory would almost certainly be a 'quality item'....
Secondly, anyone who sells, handles or buys bladed weapons would DEFINATELY know such a puny blade would not be functional. (and I quote....."A fearsome blade" )Certainly the blade at the forte should be relatively thick to strenghen the area of the blade that undergoes extreme stresses when striking the target ....this 'sword' did not.

I have seen a number of eBay sellers who originally sold quality items ....now selling 'dross' ...misrepresenting many of their items.....getting over inflated prices for them....and getting away with it. I think the increasing interest in Ethnographic items, and some buyers lack of knowledge has made this situation worse.

Even if you place negative feedback....it is likely 'he' will do the same for you with some 'made up' excuse. A sort of 'feedback blackmail'.

Ebay is not the great marketplace it used to be......its a real shame.

All the best

David
katana is offline   Reply With Quote