View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 11:28 PM   #28
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by imas560
Love this type of thread. Is very exciting.
Sajen if you don't mind me asking: what is going through your mind when you're looking at the photos of the item with your family in the States, in regards to steps you'll take when you get the item in your hands.
You've done some nice restorations so you have expertise in this area, you've got some great advice on what to look out for and what to be careful with, so I'm thinking you most probably are shaping a plan for when you receive the item.
Hello Imas,

yes, of course I have a plan! First I will clean carefully the pommel and give it some oil. The blade will need to be cleaned from corrosion. After this I will polish the blade and will give it an etch.
And I have seen on the pictures that the grip binding down under the pommel isn't original anymore. I wish to know how this sort of binding will be done, would be nice to restore this binding. Maybe someone know how to do this??
Great would be a scabbard for this kris, maybe I find a way to let work one in Indonesia. Or I have one day the great luck to find one day an old one which I can let rework for this blade. On the other hand will look this kris also good at the wall display without scabbard together with my other kris I have, so a scabbard will have time!
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote