View Single Post
Old 30th July 2015, 04:05 AM   #115
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Well said Mark!
What is incredible is that these 'press releases' from these large organizations are deliberately using these vague claims against his work in what appears to be certain disharmony regarding conflicting ajendas.

Mr Clifford has been diving and exploring and researching thoroughly in these locations since 2000. One of his colleagues, Ken Kinkor, is probably one of the most thorough and well informed researchers I have ever seen on these subjects. How in the world could this organization expect to pass off this idea of a lead pig!!!???

I think the thing is that because they are a large, well funded organization, they believe that their assertions will be readily accepted by the often and unfortunately less than well informed public. Most people will accept that this must be lead, because they say it is. Why in the world would someone as world renowned and well reputed as Mr. Clifford even try to pull off such a shallow ploy?

As you say, indeed there is treasure out there, at least in some degree.
What is amazing to me is reading through vintage books on maritime history, shipwrecks and piracy and how many 'lost' ships were noted and suggested would probably never be found. Over the years I saved clipping of these as they were indeed found, and placed them in the pages of those books It will be interesting one day when others go through my books to find these 'treasures' (of the adventure kind
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote