View Single Post
Old 16th February 2012, 02:17 PM   #10
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Ibrahim,

I noticed that most Omani made blades + Saudi made blades generally come forged, are the 2 pieces ones traded from Oman? You also told me before that there are forged trade blades in Oman.. where do they generlaly come from? I am thinking India, but let me know what do you think.

Salaams A.alnakkas ~Khanjar Blades ! I was rather evading the issue as I just know this is going to fly in 10 different directions. I always thought the best Omani Khanjar blades were hand made here. There are some top class workshops elsewhere like Kabul, Pakistan, India making actually far superior blades in laminated or wootz but for their own regional varieties of weapon.

What I do know is that blademaker, scabbard and hilt maker, belt maker... they are miles apart here... some several hundred. Getting a difinitive answer on this will take a while but I will find out.
Its odd that Omanis respect all sorts of "knife blades" from Europe Solingen, Sheffield as well as the SHEHE from Mussandam... and home made filed down Bedford truck springs...but for Khanjar blades I need more time...There are even Japanese imports !
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote