View Single Post
Old 26th August 2013, 10:24 PM   #5
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by asomotif
Detlef,

I don't understand.
First you state that the new owner paid "much money". And than you agree with Alan that it is not an unreasonable price. (although still a lot of money)

I must say that I really like the blade.
But for the rest.
The scabbard is missing the buntut and we have no indication if it has a good fit.
The handle, not very common, but simple, andt the eye may be emerald, but just as wel it might be glass.

Maybe you can explain why this is a reasonable price ?

Best regards,
Willem
Hello Willem,

for my budget is the paid amount a lot of money but when I would have much more money in my wallet I would have paid it since I think like Alan that the paid prize is reasonable. Sorry when this wasn't clear to understand.
But I have stated also that the new owner will have known why he was willing to pay this amount.

I am like you know a keris collector and as that I look mainly to the blade and btw I wouln't be surprised when this keris have it's new home in Malaysia or Singapore. The blade is in my opinion an very nice old example. A blade of this quality you don't find every day and a dealer would have taken much more.
When the blade wouln't fit with the sarung you can work it to fit or look for an other one or let work a new one. A buntut is easy to work and when someone don't like the hilt it will be easy to change with an other one. But frankly said I like this hilt and the pendokok is also not bad. My personal feeling is that all parts belong together but this is only a feeling.
When you will let work a new blade of this quality in Malaysia I doubt that the paid price for this one will be enough.

Best regards,

Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote