View Single Post
Old 28th March 2010, 12:33 AM   #20
DAHenkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanggoye
hye dahenkel

thanx dahenkel for your comment..yes, this is original sheath..about the ganja yes, it's bigger..the wide of this keris is about 4inch..

can i know why you think this keris is from pattani dahenkel and do you thing this blade are all origin??

regards
It is not always very easy to tell the difference between Kelantan and Pattani blades. Pattani had a lot of influence on Kelantan and many Pattani craftsmen migrated to Kelantan - especially after the Thai took over. I have spent a great deal of time with Nik Rashidee talking and looking at kerises from Kelantan and Pattani but even then we sometimes cannot tell which is which. As a general rule Pattani kerises tend to be a bit slimmer and less stocky. They tend to have longer, thinner ganja and gandik. However these are only general rules and can't always be relied upon exclusively. The dress can tell you a lot if it is original to the blade but as has already been pointed out that's also a minefield. The sheath of your piece is very Pattani looking to me but I would have to see it in person I think to be 100% certain. Sometimes, how something looks in photos can be very deceptive.
DAHenkel is offline   Reply With Quote