View Single Post
Old 8th November 2008, 04:38 AM   #14
Gavin Nugent

Default Hmmm

Thanks for the data there Jim, great points of reference as always.
I wish I could obtain old reference catalogue such as these that you refer to. Do you have a scanner in that ole bus of yours? I'd love to see the image posted with the text provided

I do wonder if some of our more learned Chinese experts could step forth and comment too, Phillip, Yu-Ming Chang, Rsword, Dennee???

Thanks for the graphics too Mark, I have at many times wished I could add things like that to photos to better present detail.
It is quite possible that there is a warp at the edge of the blade where the arrows point but the other area is still speculation for me until I get it home.
If you look at the 4th pic I provided of the full length, that issue does not seem to be present, only when the camera moves closer that it appears as such. The 4th Pic is taken a distance and elevation to capture the full length, whilst the others are closer and the flash is more noticable.
I do wonder if that area has something to do with the glass in the cabinet with the lights shinning on the bowls/dishes within the cabinet causig a cresent of light on the blade that is due to a camera flash and these elements mentioned??
I will be sure to provide detailed images whatever the outcome.
Can anyone within the forum provide images of the type of inlay that is found on the blade for further dating and comparisions? Images for comparison of the simulated bamboo at the dragons neck may also be helpful.

thanks in advance

Gav
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote