View Single Post
Old 18th June 2015, 09:05 PM   #6
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

This is a most interesting topic, and as I note, most esoteric. With this being the case, your knowledge of William Walker and events pertaining to him suggests you have already accomplished research on the subject. Even the photos you show here are not readily found in most historical material.

It seems to me that the publication I mentioned would have this material in their back issues, and again, they are keyed toward war game enthusiasts, as you may already know. Another source which provides such information pertaining to uniforms and weaponry would be the well known Osprey publications which I am sure you are familiar with.

Despite the fact that we sometimes cover Spanish colonial and Central American weaponry, the subject matter here and as you note the uniforms etc. is indeed outside the scope of our forums. Also, the war game enterprise is not something we are involved in here.

It does seem that as I research weaponry on line, it is virtually impossible to search without many responses listing re enactment groups; reproduction weapons and on line forums in accord with associated subject matter.
I regret not being of more assistance, but I would defer to continuing your online search using the William Walker name and events listed in the Wikipedia entries.

Best of luck,
Jim
Jim McDougall is online now   Reply With Quote