View Single Post
Old 10th March 2009, 09:31 PM   #5
katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
Hi David,
What I would say, and strictly my own opinion, it that these patinated old weapons carry a much more attractive appearance left alone, than the more stark look of shiny metal. To me the patina is history, and it always is disheartening to see it stripped away. I would say stabilize any active rust, apply some light oil like gun oil or WD40, and leave them as is. ..again, my opinion. The status of the weapon up to point of acquisition is history...and perhaps its time with the new owner history as well...all part of the legacy!

Now lets hit the books!

All the best,
Jim
Hi Jim ,
I am inclined to agree with you............I was thinking of 'minimal' cleaning of certain areas to help 'highlight' the blade contours / details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuKulzA28
Does your hand fit into it? I was once bought one and my little sister (8 years old) couldn't even fit her hand into it. I guess it was a miniature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklacrau
I´ve bought one too...like the big one! and i like it very much.

3 fingers fit, the others support… lethal!

Hi KuKulz and Blacklacrau
the shorter Katar will accept 4 of my fingers (I've wide hands and 'fat' fingers ) and although a little 'tight', perfectly useable when 'gripped'. The longer version is a three finger hold (for me) with my 'little' finger curled around the lower bar (of the handle) and again quite useable with this grip. However I suspect the two bars which run parrallel to the blade offer some protection from a sword blade trying to remove your hand from your arm

Regards David
katana is offline   Reply With Quote