View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:26 AM   #4
baganing_balyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Interesting thoughts, barganing balyan.

I most particularly find your second link to be of great interest.

Principally because you have used a photograph that I produced and which appears in my site. The photograph is one of a ploncon containing some keris from my personal collection.

Moreover, you have used this photograph without first obtaining my permission to use it.

barganing balyan, please let me assure you that I have no objection to your use of this photograph, and you may continue to use it in the article that already contains it.

However, I would very much appreciate it if in future you wish to use any of my photographs, you would first pay me the courtesy of asking if you may use them.
Thanks and sorry. I wrote in my blog that i used online materials. had it not been a blog, i would make footnotes and bibliography-- for strict academic purpose.

I have a problem though. I belong to a group called mandaya in the philippines. I seldom see authentic traditional weapons nowadays. I would like to suggest that, for the sake of cultural preservation, you would sha2re your ethnographic materials and photos for non-profit cultural work to anyone interested.

Thanks a lot.