Thread: Jambiya thouma
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:26 PM   #18
kahnjar1

Default Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubur
Hi All,

Thanks you for your comments and constructive answers.
Steve Gracie's book is excellent and after?
Do you think that it's a bible with all the answers? It's not.
For the question of research, unfortunately as I have read on some threads on the forum, many members don't know what research is. And I won't do this job. Gracie shows very interesting old jambiya with dates, but then most of the jambiya are described by type and area. It's really good, but I would like to have more information about the differences between 19th c. jambiya, 1920ties and 1950ties jambiya. I'm not interested by the later ones.
Hi Kubur,
I do not, and did not suggest that Steve's book is "THE BIBLE" with ALL the answers. No book can possibly answer ALL the questions a reader is liable to ask.
Your original thread did not specifically ask for the difference between various Thouma and how to date them, simply asking Members for the information they might have on the style itself.
BUT if information is sought, then one must also research for themselves, and not necessarily rely on others to do the job for them. You state above, and I quote "And I won't do this job". Maybe you should reconsider.....
Have you for instance emailed the writer of the book? Maybe you could consider that. There is a contact email printed on page 211. I'm sure Steve would be happy to answer your specific questions.
Good Luck
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote