Thread: THE REAL DEAL!
View Single Post
Old 15th August 2007, 05:53 AM   #16
kronckew

My family is the typical irreverent american mix, english, irish, german, austro-hungarian (the 'Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria' granny), blackfoot, scots, italian, polish and a few more. family reunions are fun - especially the food sessions we come in a variety of shapes, colours, politics, and religions (mostly christian and hebrew flavours, but not exclusively).

broadens my interest base.

also leads me to believe that there was a lot of cultural trade going on that is not recorded or admitted in history from the stone age at least. clovis flint points in europe and america, norse stone barrows & runes in maine, etc. people just like us with just the same emotions and goals, and our trading instincts must have done a lot more than we know. i'd love a tardis trip......

which segways me back on track, could a north african /sudanese weapon have made it's way from one end of the empire to the other? the men did, why not weapons. i'd bet there are rusty proto-kaskaran regional weapon items out there waiting for discovery, or unrecognised. i'd also bet they did not have lslamic arabic etchings & did not look like the modern kaskara which initiated this amusing and informative discussion.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote