View Single Post
Old 16th March 2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Michal thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, and I am so sorry to hear of this tremendous loss to the arms and armour world. It seems I hear little from the 'outside world' as far as news in my situation, and the last 'communication' I received from the 'world' was my newsletter from the Arms & Armour Society about a month ago.

I share entirely your perspective of this great man, one of the venerable sages of the study of arms and armour, who openly shared his vast knowledge with everyone. Though I never met him in person, I can recall in a number of instances in my much younger years of study, apprehensively writing to him with questions and theories. To my surprise he answered me in the kindest and attentive responses I have ever received, and politely shared his brilliant knowledge in almost breathtaking conciseness. I have never forgotten the lesson learned from him....no serious query is too small, and no one who truly wants to learn should be ignored.

He will be dearly missed, and never forgotten, as I know he is often quoted and his work will forever stand as the sound benchmark on which we build our knowledge of the study of arms and armour.

Rest in peace Mr. Blair
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote