View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:07 PM   #34
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickystl
Hi Philip

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Yes, I think she is a beauty. Best one I've seen. Not only from a quality standpoint, but the condition looks like it's never been used. I'm confident it would be in good firing condition as is. Of course, I won't shoot this one.
I have not yet had the chance to really inspect the bore or dis-assemble it. But will do so soon. As mentioned, I want to clean the bottom of the barrel and re-post it here to get an idea of the damascus. It looks like a complex pattern, but my knowledge is too limited. I did find the the right size red beads. It's 3MM. I broke one in half and just set it in the hole to see how it looked. Looked and fit perfectly. Thanks again.

Rick
Hi Rick,
I had meant to comment on this before, but somehow forgot.
Not to detract in any way from the beauty and quality of this Tanchika, but I notice that the screw slots appear to be burred over which suggests that they have been removed many times OR some idiot has carelessly forced them with an ordinary screwdriver.(One should ALWAYS used a HOLLOW GROUND screwdriver on gun screws to avoid this happening...........)
Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote